B2B thought leadership
Part expertise, part influence and part inspiration, thought leadership is a soft power exercised by a brand that is recognised as a reference by customers, prospects, competitors and influencers. This makes it a formidable strategic and tactical tool for B2B players.
“Business buyers don’t ‘buy’ your product or service, they ‘buy into’ your perspective and approach to solving their problems.”
This is how Forrester Research analyst Jeff Ernst sums up the principle of a thought leadership strategy: get out of the red ocean of product-focused discussions to engage prospects and customers at a strategic level where distinctive features of the brand can express themselves fully and where value is generated.
B2B thought leadership strategies can meet 5 objectives:
- differentiate your content marketing approach;
- stimulate influence marketing;
- derive value from the company’s intangible capital;
- structure and moderate key communities;
- add value to your business approach and your employer brand.